Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Potato and Leek Frittata

I am participating in the Foodbuzz Project Food Blog challenge. If you like what you read, please vote for me by clicking on my profile in the right sidebar and following the directions. Voting ends on Thursday evening.

I love leftovers. I love being able to eat leftover dinner for lunch the next day, and I love it when they can be transformed into something new and different at the next meal. We had leftover scalloped potatoes (from yesterday's post), we mixed them with some eggs, and cooked up a delicious frittata. So easy and satisfying.


After mixing the eggs and potato mixture, pour it into a hot, lightly oiled cast iron skillet.


Once the eggs set around the edge, add some slices of cheese, place under the broiler and cook until golden.


Slice and enjoy.

This post is part of Simple Lives Thursday, Things I Love Thursday, Ultimate Recipe Swap, Pennywise Platter Thursday, and Tasty Traditions.

8 comments:

April J Harris said...

That is a great seasonal recipe - nutritious and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Sense of Home Kitchen said...

Oh, I love frittatas, I have an asparagus frittata that is perfect for spring. This one is perfect for fall, I am making note of the recipe.

-Brenda

Unknown said...

I've never made frittatas. I think I will try now! Thanks for linking up. I love to put good leftovers to use and cut down on the waste in my house. Have a great day!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

This sounds so good! I love potatoes, and with eggs they are especially delicious. Thanks.

Sustainable Eats said...

Yum! What a wonderful frugal and fast dinner using real food everyone likely has on hand already. And so easy to personalize! Thanks so much for sharing this with Simple Lives Thursday!

xo, Sustainable Eats

Patty Price said...

Perfect way to use up leftover potatoes, served with a green salad and you've got a satisfying dinner.

Magic of Spice said...

Excellent use of leftovers...love frittatas. Looks great :)

Tessa said...

This looks scrumptious! Love the leeks

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...