Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cherry On Top Award

I am thrilled to have received a blog award from Laura at Cooking in Kenzo. When I first started my blog, I looked around for other bloggers writing about their CSA shares. I came across Cooking in Kenzo, and loved that she had just started her blog too. We have become blog comment friends, and I always look forward to hearing about her culinary adventures. Thanks Laura!

Now it is my turn to pass the award along to 5 of my favorite bloggers.



The rules for accepting this award are:

1. Thank the person who gave this award to you. Thank you Laura! Keep up the good work.

2. Copy the award and put it on your blog. DONE!

3. List three things which you love about yourself.

My ability to stay calm under pressure.
My wavy hair (I have learned to embrace it).
My sense of adventure.

4. Post a picture you love:


This photo is from a family hiking trip in AZ after Christmas last year.

5. Tag five people you wish to pass this award on to:

The Good Cook; A blog for cooks of all skill levels - This a blog I came across while hunting for other bloggers writing about their CSA shares. The author always has great recipes and insightful family anecdotes. She was the second person to write a comment on my blog, and always offers thoughtful comments. She recently suffered a horrible family tragedy. Her honest reflections on her blog have made my heart break for her, but also help me to appreciate the wonderful people in my life. Thanks Good Cook.

Radishes and Rhubarb; Fresh, Local and Homemade- Allison celebrates simple, fresh seasonal food. She shares that her blog name was inspired by eating radishes and rhubarb fresh out of her grandparents' garden when she was a child. Her posts include a combination of recipes for good food and happy memories.

Nourished Kitchen - In the past few months, I have discovered the Weston A Price Foundation and a Real Food movement. They educate others about the benefits of sustainable, unprocessed and traditionally prepared foods. This site offers a wide variety of recipes, traditional techniques and information on ingredients. I have greatly enjoyed learning from this encyclopedic resource.

A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa; For the Best in Mediterranean... grow your own, family farms, urban homesteading, farmers markets, nourishing traditions...made from scratch because you can - That title and subtitle pretty much says it all. She offers great Spanish inspired dishes using traditional techniques and fresh, seasonal ingredients along side family stories.

Dinner: A Love Story; It all begins at the family table - Cooking in Kenzo, my first blog friend, referenced a recipe off of this site. I followed the link and immediately fell in love. Jenny advocates for the endangered species, the family dinner. She provides strategies to help families sit down and enjoy dinner together. The posts are full of beautifully written observations, family anecdotes, and recipes for simple, delicious meals.

4 comments:

Joyti said...

How lovely! Congratulations!
And now I'm off to check out the blogs you recommended.

Diana Bauman said...

Thank you so much for the award! I really appreciate it and love what your doing at your place as well :D Have a wonderful weekend!

The Good Cook said...

Thank you for the "shout-out" and the recognition.. I pick up my CSA today and hopefully will find the energy to post about it. The farm is abundant right now!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these blogs you love! I'll be sure to check them out. Need to get into a CSA for sure!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...