Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Simple Supper of Salmon and Brussels Sprouts

I got home from work to find a lovely surprise - dinner was minutes away from being ready. We are still in the midst of cleaning out the freezer, so we had some salmon from the freezer and some brussels sprouts from the farmers' market. My husband went for something simple - put a little coconut oil in a 11 x 13 glass pan and added the salmon and brussels sprouts and cooked them for about 25 minutes. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the salmon was a little dry. I didn't dare bring this up, but when he mentioned it - I had to agree.

With a small adjustment, this is a great easy meal perfect for the end of a busy day.



Salmon and Brussels Sprouts
1 T coconut oil
2 pieces of salmon
1 lb brussels sprouts, cut in half
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Coat the bottom of an 11 x 13 pan with coconut oil, and add the brussels sprouts. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir the brussels sprouts and add the salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 15 more minutes or until done.

This post is part of Pennywise Platter Thursdays, Foodie Friday, Mom Trends, I'm Lovin It Friday, Suzie QT Pies, Food on Fridays, Frugal Friday, and ...

I am a Food RENEGADE!








4 comments:

Johnlyn said...

I love brussel sprouts - my husband not so much. I think he has visions of boiled sprouts in his head like he had growing up.

I love them baked in the oven! Thanks for posting this recipe.

Nicole Feliciano said...

I am a huge fan of the sprouts! Thanks for sharing on the Momtrends Linky. Everyone is welcome to join the fun:
http://www.momtrends.com/2011/02/valentines-day-menu.html

Ann Kroeker said...

Simplicity = delicious. Hooray for your husband!

Glad you linked to Food on Fridays at annkroeker.com. :)

a joyful noise said...

You are blessed to have a husband who cooks. Like you, I try never to complain when my hubby cooks. I always compliment him on his meal, and he usually brushes it off, but I know he is pleased. Wonderful post!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...