Thursday, August 19, 2010

Garlic Bratwurst with Sauerkraut



We had a craving for German food the other night, and decided to pick up some bratwurst from Whole Foods. While we were there we also picked up some lacto-fermented sauerkraut. It was from Hawthorne Valley Farm and full of good bacteria to aid digestion. I felt really good about this choice. We accompanied this with some sauteed onions and a salad full of CSA vegetables and topped with our House Vinaigrette.

The sauerkraut was awesome - crispy, tangy, sour and fresh. I want to try to make some like it myself. I got some small cabbages last weekend at the farmers' market, but I still need to get them started. "Tomorrow!"

This post is part of Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade.

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks delicious. In another month or so we'll love to have a dish like this on our table. I hope you are having a fabulous day. Blessings...Mary

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...